Have you changed your Android smartphone? We offer you this quick tutorial to easily transfer all your data, applications, settings, and contacts from your old smartphone to the new one in minutes. For that we will see the two most simple and fast methods: the NFC Tap & Go, and via your Google Account.
Wondering how you will transfer your data to your new Android smartphone? We propose in this tutorial to do it via the tools already at your disposal, without installing anything. Your Google Account normally synchronizes, if properly configured, all your applications, contacts, and other data.
Some smartphones also have the ability to transfer everything quickly via the NFC Tap & Go functionality. The only problem with this method is that both smartphones must be compatible with NFC technology
How to transfer your apps and settings between two Tap & Go NFC-enabled smartphones
On your “old” smartphone:
- Unlock the phone and check in the settings that the NFC is enabled
- When setting up the new smartphone, select Tap & Go
- Approach both smartphones
- Validate data transfer on the old smartphone
A message will appear when the data transfer is complete. This is the fastest method of this tutorial. It is sufficient that both terminals are equipped with NFC. This is the case of most Android smartphones on the market.
How to transfer your apps and settings with Google Drive
On your old Android smartphone:
- Check that the smartphone is linked to a Google account and is connected in WiFi
- Go to Settings> System> Backup and sync
- Enable Save on Google Drive if it’s not already done
- Check that everything is checked in the list, including contacts
- Upload photos to Google Photos if they’re not already there
- Copy your personal files into Google Drive
Warning: depending on the amount of data and the speed of your internet connection, the transfer to the cloud can take up to several hours. Before launching a transfer, you are obviously invited to connect to a WiFi network. It is best to avoid emptying your 4G data envelope.
On your new smartphone:
- Link your Google Account to your new smartphone during setup
- Follow the instructions on the screen to restore your backup, contacts, settings, and apps
- You can access your photos in the Google Photos app and the rest of your personal files in Google Drive
What do you have any suggestions for this? Please comment below